Symantec pcAnywhere 12.5
is the world’s leading remote control solution. The Host Standard License can be used by any customer to enable an additional computer to be remotely accessed from a system already running Symantec pcAnywhere. Key Features
- Offers heterogeneous host platform support across Windows (now including Vista), Linux, and Mac OS X Universal; all hosts can also be accessed from Microsoft Pocket PC devices or Web browsers
- Enables simple, secure connection to remote devices
- Simplifies working across multiple platforms
- Ensures high security with encryption and password protection
- Smart card authentication: Supports all PC/SC-compliant smart cards. Native whiteboard support provides a two-way communication tool for a technician and an end user to collaborate. Standard drawing features are used to mark the screen for both users to see.
- Simple and quick file transfer: Use standard copy and paste commands to initiate file transfer.
- Easy management of multiple sessions: A dedicated tab displays thumbnails of all active sessions when multiple sessions are open. This thumbnail view allows users to jump directly to a session by clicking on the thumbnail or by navigating with keyboard shortcuts.
- Support for multiple authentication types: Now a single host configuration can use two authentication types. For example, Microsoft Active Directory users and local administrators can both authenticate to the same host.
- Better performance in large Active Directory environments: Searching for users in large Active Directory environments is less time-consuming. Users can be added directly through an edit box and validated. Local and administrator groups can be added to other authentication types.
- More log details to meet compliance needs: Logging, reporting, and notification have been enhanced. FQDN of computers in session, IP addresses, logged-in user names, keyboard and mouse status changes, and additional chat conversations are also logged.