This product is delivered via email to your provided email address for your convenience. Upon request the keycode and / or the original packaging with Certificate of Authenticity can be mailed to you. SoftwareMedia stores your keycode which can be accessed anytime under My Account in case you ever need to authenticate the purchase of a genuine license. For more info check out our FAQ PageMicrosoft Windows 7 Professional gives you everything you need for work and home. With Windows 7 Professional fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium it's a great choice for home and for business.
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation
- Start programs faster and more easily and quickly find the documents you use most often
- Make your web experience faster easier and safer than ever with Internet Explorer 8
- Watch pause rewind and record TV on your PC
- Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup
- Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode
- Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join
- In addition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions you can back up to a home or business network
Simplify everyday tasks
- Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake Jump Lists and Snap.
- Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
- Easy to network (with or without a server)
- Back up your complete system over a network
Work the way you want
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
- Windows XP Mode gives you the flexibility you need.
Make new things possible
- Watch pause rewind and record TV with Windows Media Center.
- Watch your favorite DVD movies.
- Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Note: To learn whether you're eligible for this upgrade and whether you must do a clean install check out this article on Windows 7 Upgrade Eligibility and Paths.
Brand Microsoft Product Type Upgrade Version Edition Professional Platform PC Upgrade Requirements See Windows 7 Upgrade Eligibility and Paths Package Type Retail License Type Upgrade Package
Tools & Resources
“I changed to windows 7 from xp pro”Strengths:
Runs faster and I can run all my programs
including xp programs
none I have found
“Win 7 works!”Strengths:
Works out of the box. 32 & 64bit program compatability.
a little to much overhead/ CPU drag
Much improved product over Vista. All appears to work correctly with no hassle installation.
Should be able to upgrade directly from Ms-Windows XP Pro
Generally a good product once installed.
“Made the jump over Vista to Windows”Strengths:
64 bit OS, allows me to take advantage of my 64 bit CAD applications.
Running this OS in Parallels for Macbook Pro.
Whenever I am in the market to buy software, I shop at softwaremedia.com. Finding what you are looking for is a breeze, and they have excellent customer service.
“Love doing business with these guys”Strengths:
What can you say about Win7 - it looks like Vista but it sure doesn't crash like Vista! No complaints yet.
Can't think of any
I have been doing business with Softwaremedia.com for years and it is ALWAYS a pleasure.
“Big improvement to Vista!”Strengths:
Faster and not as intrusive
Few driver issues
Could be less resource intensive
big improvement in terms of utility and overall looks
Best Windows yet.What Vista was meant to be...forget all past Os's and move into 64x!
“Purchased to upgrade Windows XP”Strengths:
Very easy and quick install. Windows 7 is wonderful. I love all of the added features and how much faster it runs.
None so far
fast, stable, good for networks (more intuitive than win XP); easy installation
some of the tool bar functions in Win XP do not work in Win 7 (like Copernic Search Bar). Some software will not work with 64 bit (like trend micro RUBotted)
So far I like this a lot better than windows XP, but there is a small learning curve. There are helpful microsoft forums that one can search on Google to automate simple tasks (e.g., "how do I make a volume control shortcut on my desk?). Seems more stable - much more stable than XP.