This upgrade license is for one CPU and includes an entitlement of 64 GB of vRAM.VMware vSphere Enterprise 5
is designed for organizations that want to virtualize their entire datacenters and deliver IT as a service, and includes the full range of vSphere features for transforming datacenters into dramatically simplified cloud computing environments that can deliver the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services.
vSphere Enterprise edition includes all of the features of Standard, plus:
- Hot Add - Increase capacity by adding CPU and memory to virtual machines when needed without disruption or downtime.
- vShield Zones - Simplify security management by configuring and maintaining your multiple zones of security within software among shared hosts, rather than across seperate siloed physical environments.
- Fault Tolerance - Provide continuous availability for applications with zero data loss in the event of server failures.
- Storage APIs for Arrat Integration - Improve performance and scalability by leveraging efficient array-based operations.
- Storage APIs for Multipathing - Improve performance and reliability of IO from vSphere to storage by leveraging third party storage vendor multi-path software capabilities.
- Storage vMotion - Avoid application downtime for planned storage maintenance by migrating live VM disk files across storage arrays.
- Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS), Distributed Power Management (DPM) - Align resource usage with business priority by automatically load balancing across hosts and optimize power consumption by turning off hosts during lower load periods.
Support (SnS) is required in order to purchase this product. vCenter is also required.