This license is for up to 25 virtual machines. Support is required in order to purchase this product.
VMware vCloud Director
gives customers the ability to deliver infrastructure on demand so that end users can consume virtual resources with maximum agility. Extensions, APIs and open cross-cloud standards enable vCloud Director customers to integrate with existing management systems and provide the flexibility to migrate workloads among different clouds. Datacenters can be consolidated and workloads can be deployed on shared infrastructure with built-in security and role-based access control.
- Virtual datacenters - These logical constructs include compute, storage, networking capacity and associated policy to enable complete abstraction between the delivery of infrastructure services and the underlying resources.
- Security - Integrated vShield Edge technologies such as perimeter protection, port-level firewalls, network address translation and DHCP services offer virtualization-aware security, simplify application deployment and enforce boundaries required by compliance standards. Upgrading to the full vShield Edge solution adds advanced services such as site-to-site VPN, network isolation and Web load balancing.
- Fast provisioning - Unique VMware Linked Clones technology accelerates cloning of base vApps into child vApps by storing only changes made by children and reading all other data from the base. IT saves on storage, and end users of cloned applications enjoy significant speed of provisioning.
- vApp catalog - Users are empowered to deploy and consume preconfigured infrastructure and application services, such as virtual appliances, virtual machines and operating system images, with the click of a button from central catalogs. This enables IT teams to standardize offerings, simplifying troubleshooting, patching and change management.
- Organizations - Administrators can group users into organizations with associated policies that can represent any unit of consumption, such as a development team, business unit or division. Each organization
can be granted isolated virtual resources, independent LDAP authentication, specific policy controls and unique catalogs. These features enable secure multitenancy and controlled sharing of infrastructure.
- Self-service portal - Users have direct access to their catalogs and virtual datacenters through a user-friendly Web portal.
- VMware vCloud API, OVF, and custom extensions - The vCloud API is an open, REST-based API that allows scripted access to cloud resources, such as vApp upload and download, catalog management, and other operations. The vCloud API makes basic transfer between clouds possible using OVF, which preserves application properties, networking configuration and other settings. Custom extensions enable VMware vCloud Director to send outbound messages to other integrated systems.