PGP Desktop Email automatically encrypts email as it is received and sent on desktops and/or laptops, without affecting the end-user email experience. PGP Desktop Email operates as a proxy, supports the two global email encryption standards, OpenPGP and S/MIME and automatically discovers keys and certificates as required.
- Enables true end-to-end email encryption using standards-based OpenPGP and S/MIME message formats.
- Provides automatic encryption and decryption of sensitive email without changing the user experience.
- Operates as a proxy to increase performance while removing the need for application- and version-specific plug-ins. Works with standard email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Lotus Notes and more.
- Integrates with PGP Universal Server to allow centrally created email protection policies to be distributed and managed.
- Secures email without burdening users, this improves compliance with policies and regulations without hindering productivity.
- Supports the centralization of administration of encryption policies and management to reduce the operational costs of deploying and managing email encryption.
- Enables the deployment of end-to-end email encryption without having to change the email infrastructure, accelerating deployment and reducing upfront costs.