Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 software is an approachable new interaction design tool. Transform Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks artwork into expressive, fully interactive projects without writing code, and leverage the reach and consistency of the Adobe Flash Platform.
Approachable interaction design:
- Create expressive interfaces and interactive content without writing code. Designers can define behaviors and control sophisticated interactions with simple menu-based commands without requiring any development or coding skills.
- Turn static Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop artwork into interactive components and add interactions that respond to user input. Interfaces and interactive content can appear with a branded look and feel as the design requires.
- Edit artwork in Illustrator or Photoshop at any time while preserving structure and interactions. Reduce the number of steps required to edit artwork with full fidelity by preserving all layers and visibility settings.
Video and dynamic media:
- Integrate video, sound effects, and dynamic media as easily as working with static artwork, and then add interactions to control their playback. Even import SWF files that you can play from a specific frame.
Smooth animated transitions:
- Edit and create animated transitions between pages or states of components. Designers can extend their creativity by creating engaging experiences with objects that move and smoothly fade in and out.
- Define and preview the look and behavior of dynamic data without a database. Similar to using placeholder text or images, you can use mock data without having to actually connect to a back-end system.
Flash Builder integration:
- Open Adobe Flash Catalyst projects with Adobe Flash Builder, making it easy to add connections to a database or web services while preserving the visual and interaction design.
Pages and states:
- Use these building blocks to organize your projects and to control navigation and interactions. Create unique designs for rollovers and behaviors and visualize exactly how content will appear through different stages of user interaction.
Powerful layout tools:
- Get the look you want quickly and precisely with sophisticated page layout tools and functions. Rulers, grids, and guides provide accurate placement of objects, while object arrangement tools group and align.
SWF and Adobe AIR publishing:
- Export projects to the web as a finished SWF file that leverages the ubiquity of the Adobe Flash Player 10 runtime, or directly to a customer as an Adobe AIR file that can run outside of the browser.
Brand Adobe Product Type Full Version Platform PC Mac Package Type Retail License Pricing Standard
Tools & Resources
You May Also like