This product is delivered via email to your provided email address for your convenience. Upon request the keycode and / or the original packaging with Certificate of Authenticity can be mailed to you. SoftwareMedia stores your keycode which can be accessed anytime under My Account in case you ever need to authenticate the purchase of a genuine license. For more info check out our FAQ Page
Adobe Fireworks CS5 software enables you to create expressive, highly optimized graphics for the web or virtually any device from smartphones to kiosks to embedded displays. Produce websites, user interfaces, and rich prototypes that are editable in both vector and bitmap modes.
Easy-to-use design tools for screen-based design:
- Create and edit vector and bitmap images, or import and modify native Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator files. Changes remain editable at any time, and final output is optimized for display resolutions.
- Work faster with significant performance enhancements, including greater control over pixel placement of design elements, improved file opening and saving, updated symbol operation, and quicker bitmap and vector operations.
Optimization and scaling tools:
- Optimize graphics for a wide variety of screen types with preview, selective JPEG compression, and comprehensive export controls. Intelligently scale buttons and graphic symbols with 9-slice scaling to accelerate website and application prototyping.
CSS and HTML export:
- Design complete web pages in a robust graphic environment and then export standards-compliant, CSS-based layouts with external style sheets in one step. Integrate foreground and background graphics with distinct slice types, and utilize repeating images.
Improved type handling:
- Produce exceptional type designs with the enhanced Adobe text engine. Copy and paste double-byte characters from Illustrator and Photoshop without loss of fidelity. Float text inside a path, and take advantage of many other improvements.
- Design interactive layouts for websites and rich Internet applications (RIAs). Reduce development time by exporting multipage, clickable website comps as standards-compliant, CSS-based layouts, and bring RIA prototypes into the Adobe AIR runtime without writing code.
- Import Photoshop and Illustrator files while maintaining color matching, element fidelity, and editing capability. Export Adobe Fireworks designs into applications in the Adobe Flash software family for advanced interactivity design. Copy and paste objects between Fireworks and Adobe Dreamweaver.
Effortless client collaboration:
- Demo with two-way video communication in real-time online meetings with the Adobe ConnectNow feature in Acrobat.com, part of Adobe CS Live online services. CS Live services are complimentary for a limited time. Also, generate clickable PDF files or interactive HTML comps for review, and create Adobe AIR prototypes to run on any platform.
Customizable and reusable assets:
- Jump-start your design process with the Common Library of graphic symbols, form elements, text symbols, and animations. Design your own custom symbols and styles for continued rapid design and prototyping.
Developer productivity tools:
- Save time by quickly creating assets and optimizing images for use in development projects. Rely on Fireworks for batch processing of graphical elements.
Brand Adobe Product Type Upgrade Version Platform Mac Upgrade Requirements Adobe Fireworks CS4 CS3 Macromedia Fireworks 8 Package Type Retail License Type Version Upgrade Package License Pricing Standard
Tools & Resources
“Beats Photoshop for web use”Strengths:
File size optimization, Ease of use, Very tool rich, built in processes, Tools and Panel layout is intuitive and customizable.
Not as strong as Photoshop for Print media editing.
I am a web designer and have always been a fan of Fireworks over Photoshop. Fireworks has better image optimization which is crucial in web graphics. It is easy to use and has nice customizable panel layouts and optioins. It is geared more toward website graphics then Photoshop. Love it and think it is the best tool on the market for web graphics development.
You May Also like